LIMITED SEATS / TICKETS REMAINING
The date is set! The next premier professional development event for Recruiting and HR professionals in the region will be on Thursday, May 15th, 2014 from 8:30 am – 11:45 am at Rush Creek in Maple Grove, MN. Space is limited at this venue and is available on a first-come, first-register basis.
Minnesota Recruiters is thrilled to host one of the top recruiting trainers globally, John Vlastelica. Join us for an action-filled morning of development, the best HR and Recruiter networking in the twin cities, free LinkedIn profile photos for all attendees and several prize drawings! You won’t want to miss this event – if you are interested in identifying and learning:
- How to be more consultative and strategic around all things recruitment
- How to set and manage expectations around time to hire (one of hiring managers’ biggest concern areas)
- How to influence executives and hiring managers
- How to accurately diagnose problems with hiring managers, and get to the root issues that prevent them from helping you hire the best talent
- Insights, trends, recruiter development and best practices in talent acquisition
- 8:00 – 8:30: Check-in, continental breakfast, networking, and LinkedIn photos
- 8:30 – 10:00: Lead or Be Led: The Keys to Being More Consultative and Strategic (John Vlastelica)
- 10:00 – 10:30: Networking break, snacks and refreshments, and LinkedIn photos
- 10:30 – 11:30: Open discussion with 4 recruiting leaders
- 11:30 – 11:45: Recap and prize drawings
Lead or Be Led: The Keys to Being More Consultative and Strategic
As recruiters or HR Generalists who recruit, we have 1,000 things competing for our limited time, and can sometimes struggle to lead and be the credible expert that can take our recruiting efforts to the next level.
In this session, John Vlastelica – a former recruiting director with Amazon and Expedia, and consultant and trainer to organizations like Nike, Groupon, World Bank, Yahoo!, Edward Jones, Salesforce, T-Mobile, Nestle, and PNC Bank – will explore HOW the most effective recruiters and recruiting leaders actually LEAD. It’s not a state of mind; it’s about DOING things differently. In this engaging, fast paced, irreverent session, you’ll learn 8 things that the best recruiting pros do better than the rest. Connect with John at RecruitingToolbox and @vlastelica on Twitter.
Open Discussion with 4 Recruiting Leaders
We’re putting together an interactive discussion with 4 local recruiting leaders to debate and talk about several topics including:
- Building recruiter credibility and influence with hiring leaders
- Top skills to focus on in developing your skills as a recruiter
- Various tools to leverage as a recruiter
- Insights and best practices to focus on in 2014
With 20 years of recruiting and talent management experience, Jason Buss @jjbuss is the Head of Talent Acquisition for TriNet, the leader in HR Outsourcing and cloud-based HR solutions based in the San Francisco Bay Area. Throughout his career, Jason has built a reputation for designing recruiting organizations as an internal competitive capability for companies, and as a part of their culture. He has diverse international recruiting experience and drives performance through delivering business results.
He is also the founder of Talent HQ, an online news and information channel for the recruiting and human resources community and is the President of Minnesota Recruiters. Jason has presented at local and national industry events and conferences, in addition to being interviewed for, and publishing articles in several industry publications including Workforce Magazine and the Corporate Recruiting Leadership Journal from ERE.
John Vlastelica @vlastelica draws from 20 years of recruiting and HR experience, including almost 10 years as a corporate recruiting leader. He was the senior director, global recruiting for Expedia and a recruiting director at Amazon.com, where he scaled up the recruiting function during its formative years. Now, through his consulting and training firm, RecruitingToolbox, his team focuses 100% on helping companies build and deploy the right recruiting and talent strategies, processes, systems, tools, and training. Clients have included TripAdvisor to TGI Fridays, Google to Groupon, The World Bank to PNC Bank, and Nike to Nestle.
John has also shared his expertise as a credible and entertaining speaker at US national SHRM, ERE, LinkedIn Talent Connect, and SourceCon conferences, as well as international keynotes at iRecruit Europe, Smart Resourcing London, Australasian Talent, and as an instructor for Recruiting Leadership Labs and Sourcing Labs.
Additional speakers include (bios and pictures coming soon):
- Claire Giancola-Belmares; Director of Talent Acquisition (Legal), Thomson Reuters
- Jessica Dosse; Director of Talent Acquisition, Ameriprise Financial
- Chris Hill; Director of Recruiting, US Bank
Minnesota Recruiters 2014 Sponsors:
Please note tickets are non-refundable however can be transferred to a peer or Colleague should a conflict arise.