*** L I M I T E D T I C K E T S R E M A I N I N G ***
Join 400+ of your recruiting and HR peers, on Monday, October 9th, 2017! The event will be held at the Best Buy World Headquarters (Convention Center), in Richfield, MN. Get ready for a day of professional development for Recruiting and HR pros! Learn from the best in the industry, on a broad variety of topics.
Our 2 featured keynote speakers include the return of the international sourcing legend & ninja, Johnny Campbell, with all new content and the unforgettable Maren Hogan! We are finalizing the remaining speakers and agenda and will update this page real-time. Our events have sold out for 5 consecutive years, so don’t delay your registration!
In addition to learning from 2 highly sought-after speakers who will be focused on delivering content relevant to your career development as a recruiting and HR professional, your full 1-day registration includes:
- The best regional peer networking with Recruiting and HR professionals on the planet
- Exclusive #mnrec swag (wait until you see what we have planned this time)!
- Continental breakfast and beverages in the morning.
- Snacks and beverages during the breaks
- A catered lunch
- Wifi access
- Free parking
- Prize drawings
- 8:30 – 9:00: Registration check-in and networking
- 9:00 – 9:10: Conference kick-off
- 9:10 – 10:10: The State of Talent Acquisition (Johnny Campbell)
- 10:10 – 11:10: Building Personas for Relational Recruiting (Maren Hogan)
- 11:10 – 12:00: Networking Break & Lunch
- 12:00 – 12:30: Topic TBA (Kamy Scarlett)
- 12:30 – 1:00: The Best & Worst Interview & Selection Practices (Jason Buss)
- 1:00 – 2:00: Candidate DNA – What Makes Them Tick & How To Attract Them (Steve Lowisz)
- 2:00 – 2:30: Networking Break & Prize Drawings
- 2:30 – 2:45 Minneapolis Market Update (Jeff Donnay)
- 2:45 – 3:00: How to Recruit on Campus Without Going on Campus (Phil Xiao)
- 3:00 – 3:45: Job Descriptions (Maury Hanigan)
- 3:45 – 3:50: Wrap up
- Kamy Scarlett
- Johnny Campbell
- Maren Hogan
- Jason Buss
- Jeff Donnay
- Kate Bischoff
- Phil Xiao
- Steve Lowisz
- Maury Hanigan
The State of Talent Acquisition (Johnny Campbell)
Diving into the results of Social Talent’s third, annual global recruiting survey, Johnny will highlight the leading trends in sourcing, recruiting and talent acquisition. And as important, he’ll show exactly how you and your team can get ready for what’s coming down the road and equip you for action.
Building Personas for Relational Recruiting (Maren Hogan)
Artificial intelligence. Big Data. Sourcing Engines. Automated Sourcing. All of these things are fantastic, but is there something that can change your relationship with candidates? Yes, and it’s surprisingly old school. Maren Hogan will talk you through building your talent pipeline, focusing on candidate personas before every picking up the phone or typing an InMail, building out editorial content for your future employees and meeting them where they are. You’ll leave with email templates, an editorial calendar, and content funnel to fill up and a sample persona to get you started.
Candidate DNA – What makes them tick and how to attract them. (Steve Lowisz)
It’s only recently that the scientific community was able to map the entire human genome to determine our ancestry and get a comprehensive understanding of what makes us ticks – eliminating previously held misconceptions. In the same way, understanding the DNA (Dimensions of Necessary Attributes) of every candidate is critical to properly engaging, attracting, and retaining them.
In this session, you will learn:
- The Lie – What candidates want in an employer
- The Pit – Understand the dangers of assumptions
- The Problem – Review the common assumptions we make in recruiting
- The Possibility – Identify the definition and key components of candidate DNA
- The Path – Uncover each candidate’s DNA
Spoils and Spooks of Analytics (Kate Bischoff)
Predictive analytics are cool. They are also spooky. Sometimes, really spooky. Vendors don’t talk about the spookiness or the risk analytic tools can put an employer squarely in the crosshairs of the EEOC or plaintiff lawyers. So, let’s chat about that. Let’s take a quick look at a few of the risks and how you can stop these risks from placing your organization in danger.
Job Description (Maury Hanigan)
Job descriptions are the most common job-marketing tool. They are simultaneously loved and hated by recruiters and candidates alike. Goods ones can be engaging, educational, distinctive and persuasive. Bad ones can be boring, misleading, off-putting and ineffective. Few organizations have the resources and fortitude to rewrite all of their job descriptions, but sophisticated employers recognize the need to improve their offering. Attend this information-packed and practical workshop to learn how you can bring your job descriptions to life.
You will learn:
- The length, format and content that is most effective to clearly communicate the appeal of each job
- How to avoid bias, corporate speak and exclusionary language to expand the diversity of interested applicants
- Methods to enhance job descriptions for use on social media and employee referral to expand exposure
This session will be highly participatory, and each attendee is asked to bring 5 paper copies of a typical job description to share in small groups for review and suggested improvements. Utilizing data from the Candidate Experience Research, you will walk away understanding the elements of a job description that make it interesting and effective for candidates.
A Reality Check For Recruiters, From Candidates (Jason Buss)
So many companies and recruiting professionals talk about candidate experience, career sites, interview best practices, best-in-class onboarding and more. Here’s a chance to hear from 4 recently Twin Cities-based hired employees who were just candidates on their take about these and other relevant recruiting-related topics.
Curious about why someone will reply to one InMail but not another? Or what kind of research is being done on your interview team and company? Jason Buss, VP of Talent Acquisition will moderate a do-not-miss panel and open-ended questions from you!
Our 2017 Sponsors:
Register today to reserve your spot!
Please note to ensure the best attendee experience, space is limited for this event, tickets are available on a first come, first serve basis. We will not be able to add additional seats or tickets. Consistent with all events, all registrations are non-refundable, however, may be transferred to a peer or colleague should a conflict arise.